Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Image Scramble

So in an effort to experiment with Augmented Reality a little more, I decided to experiment with a project to pitch to my NASA client as something to follow through with... unfortunately, with the budget crisis et all, it wasn't as impressive as some of the other stuff I did get approved to do.. but being kind of attached to it, I don't want it to die altogether, so I may still pursue finishing it on my own.

If you've ever played Assassin's Creed 2, then you may be familiar with the play-style.. it's modeled after that to some extent. You select a segment of the image and rotate it back into place; sometimes more than 1 segment being effected by a rotation group.

The difference is that instead of using the mouse or keyboard to rotate each section, I'm using the webcam and a live marker to let the end user turn each image segment. :)  So you basically operate it like an old safe.
Hopefully I'll get around to putting a playable demo up here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment